Lean Six Sigma Black Belt Training Duration: 10 days
Price: 4.990 ex vat
(in option) 1.500€ ex vat for practical project coaching & mentoring.
- 16, 17, 23, 24 February, 9, 10, 16, 17, 23, 24 March 2017 (Brussels) – 4 places left
- 28, 29 September, 5, 6, 12, 13, 19, 20, 26, 27 October 2017 (Brussels) other dates in French
Subsidies: Brussels & Wallonia (Chèques Formation)
Lean Six Sigma Black Belt training and certification in Brussels
An interactive Lean Six Sigma Black Belt workshop to discover how Lean management refers to process optimization and waste elimination; and how Six Sigma projects are connected to quality improvement and client satisfaction.
- Use Lean Management principles to identify waste in order to design faster and responsive processes
- Use Six Sigma to improve customer satisfaction by delivering quality on a consistent basis
- Prepare you to deal with operational excellence, process management, continuous improvement and customer satisfaction issues
Short explanation of our Lean Six Sigma Black Belt Training Program
This Lean Six Sigma Black Belt Training provides you an effective course + exam of what you, as effective team member or consultant, are required to perform as a Certified Black Belt:
- Understand Lean and Six Sigma principles
- Support of Lean projects focused on waste reduction, process improvement, operational excellence and continuous improvement
- Support of Six Sigma projects to improve quality and customers satisfaction
- Follow-up of DMAIC circle: Define, Measure, Analyze, Improve & Control
- Work in or with a Lean Six Sigma team
- Escalade information to Black Belts
After this 8 or 10-day program you will pass the certification exam and act like a certified IASSC Lean Six Sigma Black Belt member.
Our offer consists of a 10-days for at 4990€ (ex VAT) training to prepare you to pass the Lean Six Sigma Black Belt exam. It contains the handbook, reading materials, exam, certification, beverages and light lunch. (Training dates see here under)
IASSC or ASQ Certified Green Belts can have a direct access to Black Belt certification level in 4 days. For more information on this upgrade call us at 02/206.10.82.
Our training and business games use teaching methods which focus on the mental, physical and emotional development of participants. Their contents are specifically tailored to the training goals and the participants. Our teaching methods are both participatory and collaborative, involving problem solving, role-playing and serious games. They offer motivating challenges and stimulate participants to invest in their training. Subscription or Quote
Lean Six Sigma Black Belt Training Program
This Lean Six Sigma Black Belt training is a structured and disciplined management method based on process improvement targeting quality. We will teach you a method that aims at reducing the risk of going outside of the client’s expectations by delivering perfect products and services on a consistent basis. It will focus on all types of processes owing to organization complexity and process internalization.
This training is divided into 3 parts. The lean management part (2 days) of the training refers to value preservation focusing on eliminating non-value added (waste) resources or activities. The Six Sigma part (4 days) is a set of techniques and tools used for process improvement. The Black Belt Six Sigma specialization part (4 days) is focused on specific services and industry tools and methodologies.
Part 1 – Lean Management (Business Game) – 2 days
Kicking off with a little story about Lean principles and TPS (Toyota Production System) shows you the Eastern way of thinking in improving processes. The two days are focused on a Lego Serious Play Production Plant Business Game helping you to understand Lean tools like the Value Stream Map. In this part you will understand value preservation focusing on eliminating non-value added resources or activities (waste) and a set of techniques and tools used for process improvement.
Part 2 – Six Sigma and the organization – 8 days
In this Six Sigma part you will discover the aims of reducing the risk of going outside of the client’s quality expectations by delivering perfect products and services on a consistent basis.
All organizations cope with challenges of getting profitable so they stay in business. How to deal with it? This section presents you key concepts and underlying Six Sigma model so you will understand Six Sigma approach and benefits.
- Presentation and key concepts (value, 5S, theory of constraints, DFSS, QFD, DFMEA, PFMEA,…)
- DMAIC model (Define, Measure, Analyze, Improve, Control)
- Implementation of Lean Six Sigma
- Context of Six Sigma
- Six Sigma Organization
- DMAIC – improvement method
- Six Sigma services and transactional processes
- Implementation of Six Sigma
- Glossary of Terms and Abbreviations
This section defines the project management process for the Green Belt improvement project and the issues tackled by the Green Belt project team.
- Process management (survey, focus group, interview, CTQ, QFD,…)
- Project management basics (Gantt chart, CPM, PERT,…)
- Management and planning tools (affinity diagram, interrelationship diagram, tree diagram, prioritization matrix, matrix diagram, PDPC, activity network diagram,…)
- Business results (DPU, RTY, COPQ, DPMO, FMEA, RPN)
- Team dynamics and performance (brainstorming, NGT, multi-voting,…)
- The role and importance of the DEFINE stage
- Voice of the Customer
- CTQ Project
- Establishment of a Six Sigma project team
- Six Sigma Project Charter
- The KANO model
- The establishment of CTQ’s
- Project Selection
- Stakeholders Diagram
3 Basic statistics and Minitab
- Introduction to statistics
- Statistical Values
- Change / distribution
- Standard deviation
- Sample / population
- Introduction to Minitab
This section provides you with measuring tools and techniques so you will be likely to quantify your process effectiveness.
- Process analysis and documentation (SIPOC,…)
- Probability and statistics (central limit theorem, confidence intervals, control charts,…)
- Data collection and summarization (stem-and-leaf plot, box-and-whisker plot, run chart, scatter diagram, Pareto chart,…)
- Probability distributions (normal, binomial, Poisson, chi-squarre, Student, Fischer distributions,…)
- Measurement system analysis (GR&R,…)
- Process capability and performance
- Determination of Y Project
- Data Types
- Data Collection Plan
- Baseline performance
- Measurement System
- Objective Description Improvement
- Process Capability
This section teaches you how to isolate key pieces of information, from former measuring tools, that are critical to explain your process effectiveness.
- Exploratory data analysis (p-value,…)
- Hypothesis testing (type I and ll errors, significance, ANOVA, chi-squarre,…)
- Potential Causes
- Prioritization of causes
- Mapping the Value Stream (VSM)
- Graphical analysis techniques
- Cause and Effects
6 Hypothesis tests
- Confidence Interval
- The effect of sample size on the confidence interval
- Hypothesis testing
- Risks and Alpha Beta
- Correctly assuming
- Interpret results
7 Statistical tests
- Hypothesis testing and data types
- Apply statistical tests
- Identify the appropriate test
- Ask the assumptions
- Draw conclusions based on the data
8 VSM, 5S and Visual Management
- Value Stream Mapping (VSM)
- Visual Management
This section focusses on tools and techniques enabling you to improve and control your processes.
- Design of Experiments (DOE,…)
- Solution implementation and validation (brainstorming, FMEA and F-test, t-test,…)
- Generate solutions
- Testing of experiences
- Techniques for generating ideas (brainstorming)
- Selecting the best solution
- Inspection and control mechanisms
- Statistical Process Control (SPC, control chart, people and moving range, median,…)
- Project documentation
- Control plan
- Project Closure
11 Analysis Measurement System
- Measure Sources of variation
- Tools for analyzing the variation of the measurement system
- Gage R & R
- Measurement System Evaluation
12 Design of Experiments (DoE)
- Introduction to the DoE
- Establish a DoE
- Analyze a DoE with Minitab
- Robust design
- Lean Six Sigma Green Belt
- Persons from diverse operational functions (quality, logistics, finance, production, engineering,…)
- Persons having experience or interests in Lean, Six Sigma, operational excellence, process management and continuous improvement
- Managers, Project Managers and Innovators
- Groups from 5 to 12 people. In English
Who are our clients?
We partner with clients from the private, public, and non-profit sectors in Belgium and abroad to develop their Lean Six Sigma skills, address their most critical quality and process improvement issues. Our customized consulting, learning and development approach implements the Lean Six Sigma insights at all levels of your organization. This ensures you to achieve sustainable continuous improvement in your efficiency, quality, people, cost, customer satisfaction and revenue issues.
Our service extends beyond our work: we promote the exchange of expertise between our consultants and your organization. We believe that co-creation between us is key to the success of your operational excellence challenges. Through the development of these synergies, we ensure your people to master Lean Six Sigma philosophy and to run it afterwards.
Information, quotation or expert call back.
Call us directly and get our experts on the phone: 02/206.10.82